Updated: Apr 21, 2020
Milk products like Ghee, Butter, Cheese are not to be frozen.
Image Courtesy Pinterest
According to a study by B.H Webb and S. A. Hall, it was noted that slow freezing of milk or cream caused in breakdown of fat emulsion.
As the milk is frozen, it expands to denature the proteins, which in turn there is a discolouration of the fluid to Yellow. One must not consume yellow liquid.
3. Once frozen the water content is increased and hence low in nutrients when thawed under chilling temperature.
4. Freezing milk products like butter, ghee and oil will freeze the fat globules and hence expand the same. The texture and flavour of the product will be affected. They tend to absorb other odours from the freezer.
Image courtesy Soapqueen.com
5. The texture of the milk and milk products turns grainy, and the fat separates. Milk is not going to be the same once frozen.
6. Also, note that the milk has to be mentioned under “use-by” or “sell-by” dates, which means that the product has to consumed within the specified date and time. So, freezing them will ultimately hamper the shelf life of the product and not a healthy option.
7. When you freeze milk in a carton, especially plastic container, it is going to physically hamper the product as well as prone to be a physical hazard.